Bread for the World
• Margaret Tran is Regional Organizer of Bread for the World based in New York City where she leads churches and groups in advocacy outreach to end hunger through national policies. Growing up the youngest of five children, Margaret and her family struggled with food insecurity as her parents adjusted to life in the U.S. after emigrating from South Vietnam following the Vietnam War. Margaret received her Master's degree in Environmental Economics and Policy from Duke University.
• Charles Dent, PA 15th District Representative to U.S. Congress
• Sheila Clever is a member of the Justice and Advocacy Committee which organizes these events and chairs the Legislative Prison Justice Committee. She is also a member of the Mission Committee at First Presbyterian Church, Allentown, which hosts our annual gatherings.
• Allison Czapp is Outreach Coordinator for Buy Fresh, Buy Local - Greater Lehigh Valley. A graduate of New Mexico State University, she is also Project Coordinator for the Healthy Corner Store Initiative and a correspondent for Town & Country Newspaper.
• Gilberto Garcia-Rodriguez, M.Div., is Associate Conference Minister of the Penn Northeast Conference of the United Church of Christ. For the last 9 years he has worked as the Fatherhood Specialist for the SHAPE Program at Pinebrook Family Answers in Allentown and has helped to educate families in child abuse prevention and working with fathers on how to be involved with their children.
• Henry Moore is a member of the Justice and Advocacy Committee, and he provides public safety and health training and technical support through the Pennsylvania Regional Center for Public Safety Innovation.
• Janet Ney is Coordinator of Advocacy and Outreach for Second Harvest Food Bank of Lehigh Valley and Northeast Pennsylvania. In this position, she develops programs and conducts outreach initiatives to increase awareness among volunteers, member agencies, and the general public on major hunger issues. Additionally, she advocates for systemic changes that can eliminate the root causes of hunger. Second Harvest Food Bank distributes food to nearly 200 member agencies throughout Carbon, Lehigh, Monroe, Northampton, Pike and Wayne Counties.
*The program and workshop offerings are subject to change. Please check this page again for updates.
Last Updated: 3/31/2016
Created: March 13, 2016