Bread for the World
• Margaret Tran is Regional Organizer of Bread for the World based in New York City where she leads churches and groups in advocacy outreach to end hunger through national policies. Growing up the youngest of five children, Margaret and her family struggled with food insecurity as her parents adjusted to life in the U.S. after emigrating from South Vietnam following the Vietnam War. Margaret received her Master's degree in Environmental Economics and Policy from Duke University.
• Susan Wild, PA 7th District Representative to U.S. Congress
Her current committee assignments include the U.S. House Committee on Foreign Affairs; she is Vice Chair of the Subcommittee on Africa, Global Health, Global Human Rights, and International Organizations, and serves on the Subcommittee on Europe, Eurasia, Energy and the Environment. Congresswoman Wild is also a member of the U.S. House Committee on Education and Labor and the Subcommittee on Health, Employment, Labor, and Pensions.
• Sheila Clever is a member of the Justice and Advocacy Committee which organizes these events. She is also a member of the Mission Committee at First Presbyterian Church, Allentown, which hosts our annual gatherings.
• Rev. John Deisinger is a retired Lutheran pastor and amateur photographer who serves as Financial Secretary for his congregation and serves as a supply pastor for other congregations.
• Rev. Dianne Kareha Deisinger is a retired Presbyterian pastor and musician who continues to serve as a supply pastor and supply organist. They live at Luther Crest Senior Living Community in Allentown, volunteer for Meals-on-Wheels and the CROP Hunger Walk, sing with the Emmaus Chorale, and enjoy traveling.
*The program and workshop offerings are subject to change. Please check this page again for updates.
Last Updated: 4/11/2019
Created: April 11, 2019