Climate Change resources
United Nations programs:
U.S. agency programs:
Pennsylvania agencies and programs:
Department of Environmental Protection:
- 12 Easy Ways to Save Energy Dollars at Home
- Recycling in PA
- Citizens for Pennsylvania's Future or
- Energy saving hints
- Energy Cooperative Association of Pennsylvania
(Electrical Supplier) Explains Renewable Energy
Resources for Advocacy:
- Climate Action Network.
- Union of Concerned Scientists.
The National Environmental Trust, the Union of Concerned Scientists, and Physicians for Social
Responsibility has launched a national educational campaign to raise awareness of the problem
of global warming and to give people a way to register their concerns with elected officials.
- Thomas R. Karl and Kevin E. Treberth, The Human Impact on Climate,
Scientific American, Dec. 1999, pp. 100-105.
- Paul E. Hoffman and Daniel P. Schrag, Snowball Earth, Scientific
American, Jan. 2000, pp. 68-75.
- Howard Herzog, Baldur Ellasson, and Olav Kaarstad, Capturing Greenhouse Gases,
Scientific American, Feb. 2000, pp. 72-79.
- P.F. Hoffman,A.J. Kaufman, G.P. Halverson and D.P. Schrag, A Neoproterozoic
Snowball Earth, Science, Vol. 281, pp. 1342-1346, Aug. 28, 1998.
Resources for Faith Communities
National Council of Churches:
ncccusa.org National Council of Churches of Christ in
USA Environmental Justice.
Beginning in 1999, the NCC Eco-Justice Working group is conducting training sessions in
conjunction with church denomiational agencies and state councils of churches. See their web
Group of the National Council of Churches of Christ in the USA.
Also see NCC Climate
NCC publishes a 5-session Biblically-based study of climate change "It's God's World:
Christians, Care for Creation and Global Warming.". (18 pages). Order #EJ-9701, for
$2.00 each (with a briefing paper), or 5 or more for $1 each, from Environmental Justice
Resources, National Council of Churches, P.O. Box 968, Elkhart, IN 46515. Phone:
800-762-0968 or 219-264-3102. Other resources are also available from NCC.
- UM Church Global Warming information
- Green Guidance
- Energy Star Congregations
- Action List
Contact webmaster: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Updated: 02/26/00